In the interest of public safety and to significantly expedite entry into its venues, the UGA Athletic Association will begin to implement the Southeastern Conference Clear Bag Policy in 2017. This policy will be in effect at the annual G-Day intrasquad football game on April 22. It will go into effect permanently for the 2017-18 competition season and will include all UGA venues that host ticketed events: Sanford Stadium (football), Stegeman Coliseum (men’s & women’s basketball, gymnastics) and Foley Field (baseball).
Following are the basics concerning the Clear Bag Policy:
- These bags will be permitted inside UGA athletic events:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12″x6″x12″.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags.
- Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″.
- Bags that contain necessary medical items, which must be inspected and approved at a designated gate.
- Each ticket holder is allowed one large clear bag such as a one-gallon Ziploc style bag or clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag that does not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″, plus a small clutch purse
- Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, briefcases, backpacks, cinch bags, fanny packs that are not clear and/or exceed the size restriction, luggage, computer bags/cases, camera bags/cases, binocular bags/cases, or any bag larger than the permissible size.
- Several SEC schools began implementing this policy in the 2016 school year. All SEC schools will have this policy in place by the 2017-18 school year.
- Fans can still carry items such as binoculars, smart phones, tablets and cameras (with lenses shorter than four inches), so long as they are not in a bag or carrying case.
- Seat cushions — without arms or pockets — will still be permitted into the venues. Fans may also bring in blankets during cold weather events, provided they carry them in over an arm or shoulder to allow for easy screening upon entry
- Clear Bag Policy PDF